What is the amount of registration fees and what do they cover ?
The registration fees cover:
- Tuition fees in each partner University;
- Worldwide comprehensive health and insurance insurance;
- Accommodation and part of the activities during the integration week;
- Local language course in each partner University;
- Part of the activities during the graduation week.
Amount for EMJM scholarship holders:
The Erasmus Mundus scholarship holders benefit from a full fee waiver.
Amount for non-EMJM scholarship holders:
The amount of the registration fees fixed by the Consortium and approved by the EACEA is the same for EU students and non-EU students.
- 4 000 EUR per year;
- i.e. 8 000 EUR for the whole duration of the Master programme.
I have not received the activation link when I created my account
Please check your spam box before contacting us. If the problem persists, you can contact Julie Bodelu : firstname.lastname@example.org.
I have not graduated yet. Can I apply ?
Of course, you can. You are invited to apply before the indicated deadline, and if you have the great opportunity to be selected, we will require you to provide us at a later stage with your degree or certificate of success and the transcripts of records, before enrolling within i-MESC in September.
What can I do if I don't know my ranking ?
No problem, if you don't know your ranking, please provide us with your grade point average (gpa).
- "Employment" section of the application form: 500 words
- "Additional information" section of the application form: 500 words
- Europass CV: 2 pages
- Statement of purpose : 500 words
- Essay on energy topic : 500 words
Spaces are not included in the count
What is expected from the essay on energy-related topic?
We expect you to write something personnally on a topic in which you are interested (of course related to energy). So it is not necessary to send us research papers written by others, just because you find them good. There is no particular format required.
Here, we aim to evaluate the content and your ability to structure your ideas. Therefore, the use of AI is not recommended and should be limited. If the Selection Committee detects a massive AI generated text or plagiarism, the application will be penalized.
500 words spaces excluded
What about the TOEFL test ?
As all the courses are taught in English, students whose native language is not English must take the TOEFL / TOEIC examination prior to applying for i-MESC, or any English test which is equivalent to the TOEFL/TOEIC (like IELTS).
Minimum score required: 580 (paper based) / 237 (Computer based) / 87 (Internet based).
What is the ETS code of the Université de Picardie Jules Verne ?
The ETS (Educational Testing Service) has assigned the Université De Picardie Jules Verne the code number 5351 (For the International Office - Direction des Affaires Internationales). Please use this code number when indicating our institution as a score recipient. Scores will then be sent to us directly from the Educational Testing Service.
Can I take another English test ?
Yes, you can. You are not obliged to take the TOEFL test. Other are also available. You will find below the minimum scores required for each test:
- IELTS: minimum score required 6.5
- Cambridge English Qualifications: B2 First
- CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages): B2
- Applicants whose native language is English are exempted from taking a test.
- Applicants whose native language is English are allowed to provide a Declaration on Honour.
- Applicants who have previously followed studies in English are allowed to provide a certificate from their university of origin stating that the medium of instruction was English.
OLS test is not a valid language certificate.
My language of instruction is English. Must I take the TOEFL test ?
No, in that case, you are not obliged to do so. But you are required to send us a certificate from your current University (with the official stamp) stating that your language of instruction is English.
What about the recommendation letters ?
The applicant cannot write her/his own letter of recommendation.
There is no imposed template, but they have to be written in English, on an official headed paper, and the letter must contain an official stamp.
They should come from academics or employers that supervised the candidate in the past.
The referee’s name, institution and contact details must be clearly stated.
Should I send hard copies of my documents ?
You don’t need to send hard copies of the document you uploaded in the application form. If you are selected, we will contact you to ask you some specific documents.
How can I make an appeal ?
Complaints about scholarship applications :
This appeal procedure can come into play if a candidate feels that the i-MESC Consortium has not handled her/his own application in line with the scholarship application and selection process as described on their website and as presented to the Agency. In other words, the appeal cannot concern the decision itself, (usually negative) but only an alleged error made in the process that has resulted in the contested decision.
If an applicant believes that she/he has grounds for contesting the admission result, she/he needs to:
- Submit the appeal in writing, by email, within 710 working days following the result notification. The applicant shall expose the reasons for the appeal and all the relevant elements to support it;
- Add in attachment to the email any relevant supporting documentation;
- Send the appeal to the i-MESC Coordinating Team: Professor Alejandro Franco (alejandro.franco[at]u-picardie.fr), Mrs. Jamila Tamimy (jamila.tamimy[at]u-picardie.fr) and Mrs. Julie Bodelu (julie.bodelu[at]u-picardie.fr).
Complaints related to study periods and/or scholarship grants :
- Check the student agreement
- Dialogue with the consortium
- A formal complaint to the consortium
- A formal complaint to the Agency
How do I know if I am a partner or Programme country applicant ?
You can know if your country is considered as Programme or Partner country by the European Union for the Erasmus + programme by checking the list of eleigible countries :